Thursday, November 04, 2004

US Election (I voted for Bush) and Farenheit 911

Yes, that's right, I voted for Bush and I'm proud of it! I'm very glad that he won the election even though so many people were just all out against him. People who were Pro-Kerry were fine with me, every one has a right to their opinion, but what really ticked me off was the sheer amount of people who were just flat out anti-Bush.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but I feel that in this case it was largely parts of the media (Michael Moore) who were telling people to hate Bush because of various reasons including "because other countries don't like him" and other equally stupid reasons.

Speaking of Michael Moore, I have to say that I think Farenheit 911 was just wrong. Let me explain. First off, I am not aware of anyone else in history pulling something like this - releasing a "documentary" that is completely against one presidential candidate shortly before the election.
Secondly to call this film a documentary is just a big freaking joke. Most documentaries I have seen take a given issue (or geographic location, or historical event, etc.) and then discuss the history, background, explore differing viewpoints, present factual evidence, and then let the viewer draw his or her own conclusions. This movie however takes a bunch of media clips and then has a voice-over of one person's opinion and interpretations presented as all factual. Never have I seen such a one-sided completely biased piece of work, other than election mud-slinging campaign advertisements, and at least you know what you are getting when you watch them.
Does he have some valid points? Sure, but in most cases someone like Michael Moore would be considered a wack job conspiracy theorist, but because this guy has produced a couple of movies and written a few books we think that it is great stuff.

Whatever!

I'm just glad Bush won. Take that Michael Moore and you left wing liberals!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home